The world has dramatically changed over the past few months. Some business sectors have come to a temporary halt. Other ones have got transformed and keep on operating. Still, others have urgently developed an
- How has the global situation affected Mojo
- What happened to the platform after its customers had massively purchased advertising on television
- How did the load on the platform affect Mojo customers
- Were there many enquiries to technical support? And how did you deal with them
- Did the load affect the implementation of new system functions
- How do you maintain the stability of the system in the new conditions
- What results were achieved by the platform in 1Q 2020
How has the global situation affected Mojo
With the widespread introduction of travelling restrictions in such areas as tourism, air and railway transportation, the need to promote their services has disappeared. Advertising on television fell in price, thereby opening up additional opportunities for those business areas whose infrastructure was fully or partially ready for operating remotely. Also, for many people, online shopping has become the only possible way of buying things.Amid this situation, Mojo clients were able to quickly increase the amount of purchased advertising, which naturally led to boosting sales. As a result, the number of orders and total sales on the Mojo platform in April increased 2 times compared to March, and 3 times compared to February. At the same time, the average conversion rates did not decrease, as expected, and for some products they even increased and sometimes reached as much as 25%.
What happened to the platform after its customers had massively purchased advertising on television
After the massive launch of advertising on TV, the platform faced a dramatic increase in traffic. Thanks to the
How did the load on the platform affect Mojo customers
As the load grew, Mojo clients were able to work as usual because the platform kept working stably. Some of them came to realize the actual sales growth only after they had run out of their goods at warehouses (sometimes we were even asked to postpone processing the orders, because clients themselves did not have enough time to deal with them).
Were there many enquiries to technical support? And how did you deal with them
In the current situation, many of the Mojo clients have found opportunities to launch some new and much
Did the load affect the implementation of new system functions
Despite some additional tasks connected with the increased load on the platform, we were able to keep releasing on schedule. On a weekly basis, we have continued to introduce new functionality so that the platform’s clients can feel comfortable working with it. We are greatly helped by the work we have done earlier on automating update deployment processes on platform servers. Our releases are fully automated and do not require any participation of the development team.
How do you maintain the stability of the system in the new conditions
Our team regularly analyzes the performance of the platform in order to increase its accessibilty and prevent unexpected failures. For this purpose, we use monitoring tools thanks to which we find the «bottlenecks» of the platform and eliminate them before we might get in a stalemate. Often, our customers do not notice some malfunctions of the platform, which, of course, accidentally happen, and learn about them from our incident elimination reports.
What results were achieved by the platform in 1Q 2020
Thanks to the
- total sales in April increased 2 times compared with March, 3 times compared with February;
- the number of orders increased 2.5 times: in early March, the platform had orders for $ 2−3 million per week, and in April — more than $ 1 million daily;
- a new record: total sales reached a peak of $ 2 million per day, on weekends — more than 20 thousand orders per day;
- сonversion for some sites reached 25%.
Based on the results of work, our client gave us the following review:
«I am *most appreciative* of the hard work the Mojo development team has done the past 8 weeks. The increase in sales has been shocking, yet Mojo is running better than ever. You are doing incredible work and I can’t thank you enough.»
We are happy to share success with our clients and overcome difficulties together.